Simpliance’s specialist GRC platform is a structured approach for assessing, documenting, monitoring and auditing all core functions from both strategic and operations perspective. Unlike many other GRC applications, Simpliance is light on the pocket and super easy to setup, says Anil Prem D’Souza, CEO, Simpliance Technologies in conversation with Elets News Network (ENN).
Give us an overview of Simpliance Technologies.
Simpliance provides technology-based governance, risk and compliance solutions to organizations varying from large corporates to start-ups. While Simpliance started with a focus on digitizing Labour Law Compliance in India, we have slightly pivoted to providing a complete digitally enabled Governance, Risk and Compliance Platform for companies.
Simpliance also hosts India’s largest digital platform for automated Statutory Labour Law Compliance Management that helps organizations to comply, manage and monitor the health and risk status of labour legislations in their organization on a real-time and accurate basis. Our intelligent legal engine consolidates and auto configures all central and state laws, providing ease of monitoring and implementing labour law compliances on a single unified cloud platform. We are also the first company in India to catalogue and publish for free, all central and state labour laws in India with additional data such minimum wages, Labour Welfare Fund details, Professional Tax, State Wise Holiday Lists etc which is utilized by many legal, HR and compliance professionals for their day to day compliance requirements. We have close to 35000 subscribers till date with many more subscribing each day for our clear and transparent data on Indian Labour Laws.
Please tell us more about GRC platform.
Simpliance’s specialist GRC platform is a structured approach for assessing, documenting, monitoring and auditing all core functions from both strategic and operations perspective. Unlike many other GRC applications, Simpliance is light on the pocket and super easy to setup.
The GRC tools help business automate processes, improve compliance scores and develop risk management plans. By clear articulation of objectives, we consequently place processes and controls in place. The tool also assists to realign strategies when new risks emerge. We recognize the need to optimize business performance through managing risks, while being compliant.
What solutions have been launched by you for labour laws?
- Automated Labour Law Compliance Software– Real-time labour law compliance monitoring tool with auto configuration and recurring activities, evidence management, scores and email alerts.
- E-Audit Platform–Online cloud-based audit platform that allows online submission of evidences by auditees and online auditing by auditors ensuring the tracking, log, observation and recommendation are all visible to various stakeholders in the organization without the need for manual requesting & reporting.
- Automated POSH(Prevention of Sexual Harassment at the Workplace) Management Software–Our compliance engine auto configures all compliances related to POSH and enables redressal mechanism by logging and tracking of incidents.
- Subscription For Gazette Notifications– Email service that delivers the latest gazette notifications, amendments, acts and rules directly to the subscribers’ inbox with a copy of the gazette notifications attached.
- Automated Compliance Checklist – Latest and most accurate checklist of all Statutory Compliances under relevant acts and rules applicable to an organization, customised to their industry, state and headcount.
What specific solutions have you developed for startups?
Simpliance is built both for start-ups as well as large corporates. Our automated compliance platform automatically sets up sabour law compliance requirements for start-ups nd also enables them to comply with them. With our services offering through sister concern Co-Achieve, we also help start-ups in any offline services that may be required to be compliant.
What are your future plans?
Our goal is to further strengthen our position as a leader in the automated and digital statutory compliance market/industry. We have widened our products and service portfolio and are now also morphing in a technology-based Governance, Risk and Compliance management company.
While Labour law compliance continues to be the focal point of our business, we are positive that we shall achieve similar success with our GRC modules as well. Automating operational level compliance is going to be the next-big thing for all functions in a business, and that’s where we come into play.