Forms Smart City Partner Ecosystem to go to market fully equipped with technology expertise to offer end-to-end solutions
With an aim to make the most of the smart city opportunity in India, computer technology company Dell has founded a Smart City Partner Ecosystem, a network of organisations with technology expertise, who will jointly go to market with their end-to-end offerings.
This launch will be an interesting opportunity in the backdrop of the government’s ambitious 100 Smart Cities programme that aims to address the infrastructure gaps to make cities more livable, while nourishing the business and investment climate. This is possible by providing superior digital architects and digital infrastructure to ensure proper planning and execution of the smart city plans. With several systems in place to make a city smart, it is also important to have the right devices for consumption of these services.
The network of 12 partners, with more companies expected to join the league, will offer different solutions and capabilities that will help in the execution of Smart Cities and IoT projects. The central and state governments are already making significant investments in the proposed smart cities to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors.
The solutions to develop and execute smart city projects can broadly be categorised as:
· Applications, for delivery and monitoring of services to citizens, such as garbage tracking, energy management, traffic management, etc.
· Digital Infrastructure, which is the foundation upon which applications can run, such as compute, storage, data centers, virtualization, network etc.
Ravinder Pal Singh, Director, Solutions Strategy & Business Development (IoT, Smart Cities & Digitisation), Dell India, says, “India is currently undergoing a massive transformation to become a digitally-enabled nation; and technology is at the heart of this digital transformation. The Smart Cities project is a tremendous opportunity. While Dell has the competencies to develop a strong digital blueprint and foundation for smart cities, our partners bring expertise of applications for enablement of smart services.”
Dell’s new partner ecosystem has cross-functional solutions to cater to a smart city’s requirements, including –
· Garbage Tracking and Monitoring
· Smart City Operations tracking & control
· Smart Video Analytics
· Intelligent Traffic management
· Smart Water, Grid management
· Public transport & Traffic Optimisation tools, Free flow traffic management
· Hazard & Emergency Management
· City wide Surveillance Management
· Smart Street Lighting Management
· Smart City Command and Control Management
· Smart Holistic Water Distribution Solutions & Meter Management.
· Smart Energy Automation and Metering Infrastructure solutions
Partners’ solutions will be certified on Dell Infrastructure to ensure end-to-end compatibility. Organisations that have already registered to be part of this smart city partner ecosystem are:
- Brillio (focused on creating innovative digital experiences, digital technologies and big data analytics)
- Comvision (a one-stop shop for traffic optimisation and intelligent transportation needs)
- Fluentgrid (a company enabling transformation of utilities, communities and cities through its mPower™ software suite)
- iRam Technologies (simplifying home automation solutions through Internet of Things)
- Megasoft (focused on high volume transaction processing in Mobile enablement, IoT, Cloud and Cyber Security Technologies)
- REI Systems (focused on turnkey, web-enabled Smart City IT solutions)
- Rubenius (provides the solution, funding and execution of utility efficiency projects in energy, water and public lighting including innovative Smart Poles)
- Secutech Automation (for delivering Smart & Energy Efficient Infrastructure with Smart City Monitoring & Analytics)
- Teleste (a company that offers end-to-end video surveillance products and solutions and high level Command & Control integration of various sub-systems for Smart Cities)
- VideoNetics (focused on design, development and provision of uber modern surveillance products)
- Webrosoft (provides mobile/cloud based solutions to monitor city cleaning and maintenance operations)
- WinGlobal Tek (a technology company with businesses across Design Services, Embedded & FPGA Development, IoT , Industrial Automation, Wireless Solutions & Product Representation).