Adani subsidiary to take over sewage treatment plants in Pryagraj

Prayagraj Water Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Adani Group flagship company Adani Enterprises, has been roped in to operate and maintain 10 sewage treatment plants and 15 pumping stations in Prayagraj district starting May 22.

The Sangam city generates some 300 million litres of sewage water every day, which is carried by 64 drains to the 15 sewage treatment plants before it is recycled.

Adani Enterprises will be paid a total of Rs 908 crore for managing the water treatment and pumping facilities in the city. According to a senior official of Ganga Pollution Control Unit, the private firm will begin operations by May 22.

Read more: Adani Data Centre and Tech Park to come up at Visakhapatnam

The city has nearly 1,000 km long underground sewage pipeline, which will be maintained by local contractors. However, the sewage pumping stations, which include those at Naini, Numayadih, Rajapur, Kodra, Pinght and Salori, would be managed by engineers and other staff of Prayagraj Water Pvt Ltd.

In December last year, Adani Enterprises had incorporated a new subsidiary, Prayagraj Water Pvt Ltd., to undertake development and rehabilitation of sewage treatment plants on the basis of Hybrid Annuity Model (HAM) at Prayagraj.

As per the company’s BSE filing, Adani Enterprises has a 74 percent stake in the subsidiary while wastewater treatment solutions provider ORGANICA Technologies Pvt Ltd holds the rest 26 percent.

Eletsonline News
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button