Power Finance Corp to fund Smart City projects now
Smart Cities

Power Finance Corp to fund Smart City projects now

Views: 333

The state-run Power Finance Corp Ltd (PFC) is planning to start lending to projects such as Sewage Treatment Plants, Smart Cities, Railway Electrification, Mining, Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, Mini Grids, among others.

The company is looking for other options as well to diversify its loan portfolio rather than being limited  only to thermal, hydro, and renewable power projects across the country, Rajeev Sharma, PFC Chairman, Managing Director.

PFC has also ventured into electro and mechanical components of irrigation schemes of Telangana by disbursing Rs 2,000 crore and sanctioning loans worth Rs 12,000 crore.

From the total of Rs 2.70 lakh crore, Rs 2.28 lakh crore is towards government-owned projects and about Rs 51,000 crore has been extended to private power projects.

Our 89 per cent of the total asset book does not have any kind of stress, but the remaining 11 per cent stress (worth Rs 31,000) is from the private lending, said the PFC Chairman.

Get a chance to meet who's who of Smart Cities ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at Smart City Conclave, Kochi on 18 August, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.

The Latest

.

About Us

Smart city portal was started with an aim to provide latest news information about the smart city mission of the Government of India. Founded in 2015, the portal enjoys the distinction of being India's first integrated website on smart cities of India. The website features stories on the economic growth of Indian cities where the government is trying to improve the quality of life of people by enabling local development and harnessing technology as a means to create smart outcomes for citizens.

Contact Us

Elets Technomedia Pvt. Ltd. Stellar IT Park, 7A/7B, 5th floor, Annexe Building, C-25, Sector 62 Noida – 201309, Uttar Pradesh, India

To Top