“The event will provide a platform to people from different fields and various states, who will come and exchange their views. It is also an opportunity for us to tell the investors that Jabalpur is ready to provide all adequate opportunities for investment in this beautiful city. In fact, we want to make Jabalpur a garment and tourism hub,” said Municipal Commissioner Ved Prakash.
Being organised in association with Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd, a Noida-based organisation active in promotion of ICT and Smart City sector, the event will also be a platform where departments and organistions related to the Smart City module would be able to showcase their products.
Jabalpur is the third-largest urban agglomeration in Madhya Pradesh and the 37th-largest in the country. Following its selection in the very first list of 20 proposed Smart Cities, the way is paved for the land of Kalchuri, Gond, Mughal and Maratha dynasties to become a modern-day city — a Smart City.
Lying in the picturesque Narmada Valley, the Cultural Capital of Madhya Pradesh – Jabalpur stood at 7th rank in the list of first 20 cities selected for Smart Cities project. While many of the major cities failed to make it to the list, Jabalpur managed to enter the coveted list primarily because of the Jabalpur Municipal Corporation (JMC)’s various online initiatives that gives the residents feedback-based services.
The key themes to be deliberated upon at the Summit include:
- Jabalpur Smart City as a Tourism and Garment Industry Hub
- Jabalpur Smart City: Opportunity Galore for Investors
- Safe Cities for Smart Cities
- Smart Healthcare for Smart Cities
- Financing Smart Cities and Banking in Smart Cities
- Waste Management, Water Management, Creating Clean and Green Urban Infrastructure
- Urban Transportation
The event is likely to be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Minister for Urban Development & Environment, Shri Lal Singh Arya.
Other distinguished guests, dignitaries, industry representatives and stakeholders in the Smart City domain, who are expected to participate and share their viewpoints and experiences on the given themes include:
- Secretary/Joint Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India
- Secretary/Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- Secretary/Joint Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India
- Representatives of Foreign Embassies based in India
- Principal Secretary, Urban Development Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh
- Commissioner and Additional Commissioners, Jabalpur Municipal Corporation
- Chief Executive Officer, Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV) for Jabalpur Smart City
- Town Planners
- Municipal Commissioners from various Municipal Corporations
- Industry Leaders/Investors
The Summit will set the future roadmap for developing not only Jabalpur as a Smart City, but the very concept of Smart Cities in the Indian context.
Express your Interest to Join – http://smartcity.eletsonline.com/jabalpur/query/